Moselkern is a local community in the district of Cochem-Zell in Rhineland-Palatinate. Since 1 July 2014, it has been part of the Cochem municipality and is located at the mouth of the Elzbach into the Moselle.
The castle Eltz (district Wierschem) is located in the immediate vicinity of the village.
The Moselkerner Rathaus, dating from 1535, is the oldest town hall on the Moselle, which is (again) used as a town hall. In its almost five hundred years of history it also served as a school. In 1909 a small monastery with a day-care centre was established in the building, which remained in existence until 1969. Since 2002, the building has again been used as a town hall. A small curiosity is the metal ring set into the ground floor, to which criminals were tied up and exposed to the ridicule of the villagers until the French Revolution.
A replica of the so-called Merovingian Cross of Moselkern from the 7th century, which was found in Moselkern in 1915, can be found on the forecourt of St. Valerius Church. It is considered the oldest representation of the crucified Christ in monumental art north of the Alps. The original is in the Rheinische Landesmuseum in Bonn.